5 things you should know before buying DNAfit
Trying to get fit, build muscle, or lose weight? You may want to consider DNAFit, a company which customizes your workout to your DNA. We at Genomelink think it is of the utmost importance to select the DNA testing company that is right for you. As such, we have provided our standardized review of DNAFit, so you can easily compare it with other companies. Check it out below!
1. About the Company
2. Test Results and Sample Reports
5. Upload Raw DNA Data from DNAFit
1. About the company
Company Name: DNAFit (Owned by Prenetics)
Foundation Year: 2012
Location: London, England, UK
Monthly Visits: 100,000+
Number of Databases: Unknown
DNAFit is a relatively new entity in the genetic testing realm, focusing on how your genetic makeup may affect your fitness. The company specializes in finding, researching, and providing reports on how your genetic profile may affect things like your carbohydrate sensitivity, your propensity for endurance sports, or your risk of sustaining a soft tissue injury. DNAFit users also have access to phone consultations, a fitness coach, a meal plan for an optimal diet, and other personalized information based on your genetic results.
2. Test Results and Sample Reports
With a DNAFit genetic profile test, you can expect many different aspects in your final report. Below is a summary of what to expect.
DNAFit Report Overview
- Understand how your DNA affects the processing of nutrients like Vitamin D, Vitamin B, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Get a training program tailored to your genetic makeup
- Use a Fitness Coach to get specific weight loss tips
- Use the meal planner tool to help establish lifestyle changes
- Understand how your genes may give you an advantage in certain areas, such as endurance sports
The results you receive from DNAFit will contain all the information you need to maximize your workout, weight loss, or training plan, all based on information from your DNA. After having your DNA analyzed, the company will provide you with a series of reports, available through the online portal. Anything related to fitness, from diet to how your muscles respond to stress, is included in the report. The platform also comes with access to personal trainers, which can customize a workout for you based on your genetic profile and your lifestyle. For instance, if you hate the gym and like to workout at home, the fitness coach can customize a training program for your needs.
The link below contains a full sample report with more information about what to expect from a DNAFit DNA test.
Thousands of DNAFit users have reviewed DNAFit on a number of websites. Check it out!
- 5 of 5 stars on Trustpilot, with over 2,000 reviews
- 3.3 of 5 stars on Amazon, with 20+ reviews
- See what people are saying about DNAFit on the following Reddit page.
DNAFit offers 3 basic packages, which provide slightly different genetic analyses.
- The Diet Fit test is $89 and provides information pertaining to how your DNA may affect your metabolism.
- The Body Fit test analyzes aspects of your genetics which may affect your workout, training regimen, and athleticism. This test is $142.
- The final test, the Health Fit test, combines both of these aspects into a total package, for $164. Further,
- if you have already done a DNA test with 23andMe or AncestryDNA, you can simply upload your raw DNA data for $64. This option still gives you access to a personal health coach, meal and training plans, and fitness and diet insights.
5. Raw Data Portability
DNAFit does allow you the ability to upload your genetic data from 23andMe or AncestryDNA. However, they do not give you the ability to download your genetic data. This is unfortunate because there are a number of other DNA testing companies which can analyze your raw DNA data file for other aspects your genetics may influence, such as health risks you may face because of your genetic variants or genetic ancestry information. Many of these companies offer free services and can give you additional insights into your genetic profile. Below are links to these companies.
Know "More" About Your DNA Data
1. Genomelink — FREE
2. Promethease (genetic health risk)
3. Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) — FREE
4. MyHeritage DNA — FREE
5. LivingDNA — FREE
6. GEDmatch — FREE
Nutrition and Fitness
To find out more DNA upload sites, check out our article "The Best DNA Upload Sites"
Upload your raw DNA data to access 25+ traits for FREE at Genomelink!