7 Best Nutrition DNA Tests To Understand Your Wellness & Health
Everyone wants to live a healthy lifestyle, but few people use all of the tools available for understanding nutrition and wellness thoroughly. If you are serious about forming a healthy lifestyle, you should consider a genetic DNA testing company specializing in nutrition instead of an expensive dietitian. All you need is a cheek swab! Everyone has a different genetic makeup that control various aspects of your digestive system. Thus, we should all get the best DNA test for health and fitness and eat diets catered to our unique genomes. Welcome to Nutrigenomics – DNA analysis for wellness and health!
Nutrition DNA Test Reviews
Check out the companies below to find the best DNA diet test so you can have a nutrition plan suited for your genes:
Price: $69 - $169
Report Types: Nutrition, Custom Diet Creation
Genopalate was formed in 2016 by several geneticists and nutritionists. Based out of Wisconsin, the company takes a look at genetic variants you carry which are related to your ability to digest different nutrients, such as fatty acids or vitamins. Then, using a completely personal profile, the company can even design meal plans based on your genetic profile at a cost of $10 per meal. If you have not taken a DNA test, you can buy a genetic DNA testing kit from GenoPalate for $169. If you have a raw DNA data file from another company, you can upload your data and get an analysis for only $69.
See our Genopalate DNA nutrition test review for full details or visit Genopalate.
Price: $20 - $80 per report
Report Types: Athletic performance, Health + Wellness, Sports Injury Risks, Nutrition
Athletigen is a company focused on athlete health and performance. The company provides a number of genetic DNA testing reports that can help you improve your general wellbeing, as well as a report about nutrition. The recommendations for Athletigen are meant to make you feel great, both physically and mentally. The nutrition report is $70, and the other reports on athletic performance range from $20 to $80.
See our Athletigen review for full details or visit Athletigen.
Price: Free - $14/month
Report Types: Health, Wellness, Lifestyle, Nutrition, Athletic Performance
With Genomelink, you get a little bit of everything. You can get reports on your health risks, wellness and lifestyle traits, as well as details about different aspects of your nutrition – like food allergies, your ability to retain certain micronutrients, and the macronutrient type you tend to (over)eat. Simply by uploading your raw data, you will get a free report with 25 traits covered. Then, for $14 a month you can get immediate access to 140+ traits plus a weekly digest of traits straight to your email inbox! These reports can help you understand the latest scientific research findings on your nutrition and wellness.
See Genomelink DNA Nutrition Test Reports now!
Price: $49 - $259
Report Types: Vitamin intake/processing, Ancestry, Exercise, Health + Wellness
Vitagene started as a supplement company, tailoring specific vitamin and supplement regimens to users' DNA. Now, the company offers a range of other reports, including reports on skin health, ancestry, and exercise. Thy offer the best DNA diet test reports that detail how your body will respond to certain foods, while their vitamin report tells you what supplements you should be taking based on your genetic variants. You can get started by uploading the raw DNA data you receive from a genetic DNA testing kit and get your first report for $49. Or, you can dive in and buy their vitamin subscription service, which will send vitamin packages straight to your house, for $259.
See our Vitagene review for full details or visit Vitagene.
Price: $49 - $199
Report Types: Athletic performance, Nutrition
Fitness Genes is very similar to Athletigen, in that they focus on athletic performance. DNA analysis and test results focus on genetic information related to nutrition, sports injuries, weight gain, caffeine metabolism, and other performance-related traits. They can even help you design a workout plan from your DNA profile! If you upload your raw data from 23andMe, MyHeritage, or AncestryDNA testing kit, you can get a nutrition and exercise report for only $49. If you haven’t done genetic DNA testing yet, you can order their DNA kit for $199.
See our Fitness Genes review for full details or visit Fitness Genes.
Price: $64 - $164
Report Types: Nutrition, Sports Injury Risks, Exercise
DNAFit can help you lose weight and get in shape. Their reports can help you build a diet and exercise routine based on your genetic markers. They offer the best DNA test for weight loss and their reports include things like your ability to process vitamins, food sensitivities you may have, and what sports-related injuries you may be susceptible to. Using all of this, DNAFit customizes a diet and exercise plan which you can use to lose weight. For only $64, you can upload your raw data and get access to these personalized reports. If you have not been tested previously, the reports cost from $89 to $164 for the DNA testing kit and the DNA analysis reports.
See our DNAFit review for full details or visit DNAFit.
Price: $29 - $149
Report Types: Nutrition, Fitness, “Superhero”
Orig3n offers the best DNA test for health and wellness and they focus on health and wellness traits broken into 3 different types of reports. The Fitness report is $149, which includes genetic data related to body fat, muscle composition, blood pressure, and other physical traits. The Nutrition report is also $149, and covers things like carb intake, vitamins and minerals, and caffeine sensitivity. The company also offers the “Superhero” report for $29, which can show you your strengths in intelligence, strength, and speed.
Which DNA Diet Test Will You Choose?
DNA tests for diet, health, and wellness purposes can help individuals understand their risk for certain inherited medical conditions, as well as inform lifestyle and dietary choices that may be personalized to their genetic makeup. For example, a genetic test can reveal whether a person is at increased risk for certain cancers, heart disease, or other health problems.
Knowing this information can help a person make more informed decisions about their health, such as by taking steps to reduce their risk or by working closely with their doctor to catch potential health issues early. Additionally, the result of a genetic test can help people to make dietary and lifestyle choices that are most likely to be beneficial for their individual bodies.
These are the 7 DNA nutrition tests our team reviewed.
- Genopalate is a DNA testing company that uses genetic variants to create a personalized profile for nutrient digestion and can even design meal plans based on a person's genetic profile.
- Athletigen is a company focused on athlete health and performance, providing genetic DNA testing reports for athletic performance, health, wellness, and nutrition.
- Genomelink provides a variety of DNA testing reports for health, wellness, lifestyle, nutrition, and athletic performance.
- Vitagene offers DNA testing reports for vitamin intake and processing, ancestry, exercise, and health and wellness.
- Fitness Genes is a company that focuses on athletic performance, offering DNA analysis for nutrition, sports injuries, weight gain, caffeine metabolism, and other performance-related traits.
- DNAFit can help in weight loss and getting in shape by building a diet and exercise routine based on a person's genetic markers.
- Orig3n is a DNA testing company that focuses on health and wellness traits. They offer three different tests and reports, depending on the information you want to learn.
When choosing a DNA diet testing company, it's important to consider several factors to make sure you get the insights you’re looking for. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Purpose: Consider why you want to do the test. What information are you looking to learn about yourself? Are you looking to optimize your nutrition, improve your athletic performance, or find out more about your ancestry? Different companies specialize in different areas, so make sure the company you choose offers the type of information you're looking for.
- Cost: DNA testing can vary in cost, and different companies may offer different packages at different prices. Consider how much you're willing to spend and compare prices between different companies to find the best deal for you.
- Test accuracy and validity: DNA testing is still a relatively new field, and not all companies use the same methods or have the same level of accuracy. Research the company and its testing methods to make sure they are scientifically validated and
- Read Reviews: Look at the reviews of the specific company in order to get a better understanding of the services they offer, their expertise and the accuracy of their reports, and also the customer service they provide.
By considering these factors, you'll be able to find a DNA nutrition test company that suits your needs and provides accurate and useful information.
To find more sites where you can upload your DNA, check out our article The Best DNA Upload Sites for a full review of each.